Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Smoley Family visit

Our friends Brad, Stephanie, Madison and Aiden Smoley came to visit us at our cabin from Thursday night to Saturday morning. They had been camping all week prior to making it to our cabin, so were happy to get to a building with four walls that don't collapse! :) I think we were all amazed at how well the four kids got along during their visit!! They were instant friends...and very little arguments or fighting (which is a first for us!!). Chris and I both agree, this was one of the BEST times we have had at the cabin!!!!!!!!
Friday was a BLAST! Chris and Brad got up early to go hiking and fishing. Steph and I took the kids to the Nature Center (or the Red Lodge Zoo as Hailey and Ryan refer to it as). That went fine, but not as stimulating as they needed! :) Then on the way to the Candy Store (every trip always results in a visit to the Candy Store!!), I drove by the park as I saw a lot of people there. I am so glad I did!!! We found out a organization from Billings was putting on a picnic/party in the park to CELEBRATE KIDS! Yahoo...we have 4 that needed a little celebrating! :) We got to play TONS of games (fishing, ring toss, throwing a ball in a bucket, bubbles, pick a ducky, decorate crowns, etc), face-painting, and FREE LUNCH too! :) They were walking around with Popsicles too ... the kids loved that! We were probably there for over 2 hours...just taking our time, having fun. Oh, and there was hardly anyone else there!! And, to top things off, I won a gift certificate for a free nights stay at the Holiday Inn in Billings (in a suite too!!). So, it was a fun, and exciting, morning. We headed to the candy store for a quick visit, then back to the cabin for naps. Steph and I got a nice break while the kids were sleeping and got to sit in the sun on the deck...it was HEAVEN! :) Then we played outside, had supper, went fishing (always a good time at Wild Bill lake), and then home for baths, and S'MORES! FUN, FUN, FUN!
(Pics : Ryan "fishing"; Madison & Hailey making princess crowns; Aiden & Ryan playing with the bubbles; Ryan, Hailey, Madison & Aiden enjoying their lunch; Ryan!)



Hailey now continues to talk about Madison and wants her to come to her birthday party. She doesn't quite get it that Madison is 950 miles away...but hopefully they will be friends even with the miles. ;)
We came back home on Saturday morning as Chris played in softball tournaments all day Saturday and Sunday too. It was nice and warm, and the kids got a lot of time to play outside...it was a FUN WEEKEND!

No comments: