Thursday, August 23, 2007

2007 visit to Yellowstone Park

I thought I better update the blog with what we did LAST weekend, before THIS weekend comes! :) Sorry no updates in a while...it has been a crazy and busy week! Hailey is back in swimming lessons (just finished up this week!) and last Friday Tim, Kendra, Owen and Mason got here (they leave tomorrow morning :( ). So, lots of family time, and lots of FUN!
One major highlight is going to Yellowstone park on Sunday! We all went in 2 cars...and were gone from the cabin by 9AM and didn't get back until 9:30PM. It was a very long day...of being in the car! The kids did AWESOME though! It hasn't rained in MONTHS here, and wouldn't you know it, it rained when we got to Mammoth, and again a little at Old Faithful. It was still a great time! We saw TONS of buffalo! I have never saw so many in my life. And, there were quite a few on the roads too, so that was fun to see. Ryan wanted to share his cheese and cracker snack with them...and got upset when we told him no! :) We saw a moose, deer, elk, coyote, and more animals I am probably forgetting! :) Here are a few pictures.....
This is us still in the morning at the top of the switchbacks. Fun drive...but I would NEVER drive it myself!! :) It was VERY WINDY and a little chilly up there too!!

Oh...a few proud moments with Ryan and Hailey with their new cousin Mason!!!


Here is Doran with the kids outside where we ate lunch at Yellowstone park. Also, a picture of Ryan and Hailey by Old Faithful!!


I couldn't forget the BUFFALO! :)


Then on Monday we stayed at the cabin and in Red Lodge most of the day. In the morning, Chris took Ryan and Owen for a 4-wheeler ride and saw THIS....


She stayed in this spot long enough for a few trips back with other people (and the camera a few times). Only a little ways from the cabin! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

No comments: