Thursday, May 22, 2008

Graduation Day

Tell me this....how did my little girl go from this little baby to ready for Kindergarten?!?!


Yesterday (Wed, May 21) Hailey finished her last day of preschool! I cannot believe she has went to preschool for an entire year...let alone TWO YEARS already! She is ready for kindergarten, I know that, but I don't know if I am ready yet!! :) It doesn't seem like that long ago I was laying in the hospital looking at my daughter for the first time, watching her walk for the first time, say "ma ma" for the first time, kiss her brother for the first time (and look even older when she came to the hospital to see us), and go to preschool for the first time. In 3 short months she will be starting school for the first time. I need to work on getting ready for that so I am not a complete mess on Tuesday, August 26th when she goes off to "the big school" for the first time.

So, in recognition of Hailey finishing preschool, and me being a FREAK wanting to celebrate everything and anything (hey...it will make a great scrapbook page too)...we decided to have a little celebration for Hailey. We didn't let her know anything. We picked her up from daycare and said she could pick where ever she wanted to go to eat...of course it was Chinese. Then after we got home, she found a special cake, small presents and Grandma and Papa got her flowers and a gift card to McDonald's. She kept calling it her "gradulations party" (instead of "graduation party") and thought it was very special! She just loved it...and we all did too!! Even Auntie Kari stopped out to say congratulations to her. It was a fun night!! :)

At her last day of preschool, the kids sang song for the parents there and then we watched a video of their pictures over the year. The next picture is of Hailey with her teachers and her two best friends there (teachers Debbie, Jeanni, and Jan --- friends Kaylee, Jessica, Hailey).


Back at home, Hailey took a picture with her cake and flowers (the girl LOVES flowers and loves having them in HER ROOM!)


Finally, a picture of Hailey's stuff from her preschool graduation, and also a funny shot of her with the graduation hat from her cake on! :)

1 comment:

The Tree House said...

Congrats Hailey! We are so proud of you. You are getting to be such a big girl!!

Miss you lots,
Kris, Eric, CJ and Hanna