Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Santa

I knew it would happen....but didn't expect it so soon or in July! Yesterday on the way home from daycare, Hailey was telling me about her day. She told me that this other girl said something so mean. Hailey got my attention with that. I of course asked what she said. Hailey said "she said there was no such thing as Santa Claus"!!! I told her it didn't matter what the other girl said, it matters what is inside Hailey's heart. Hailey agreed and told me "yeah, she should believe because if she doesn't, she isn't going to hear the bell when it rings" (from Polar Express). I told her she way right...end of subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, this won't be the end of that subject. I was really hurt when I was in 2nd grade and my girl friends said there was no Santa. But he still came and boy was I confused. I will tell you the story some time.

Tell Hailey I Love her

Love Grandma