Well, we had another first this morning. One I didn't want to happen, but knew it would. Hailey had her first filling! :( I am SO PROUD of my little girl!!!! This cavity was only because of how the tooth grew in her mouth...not because of brushing, flossing, etc. However, it was a wake up call for me to spend more time with the kids cleaning their teeth. They have done really good with that too!
We went in at 7:30 this morning to try to get done before school started. She was amazing! I could tell she was a little nervous, but they did a FANTASTIC job explaining all the tools, noises, etc BEFORE they started. And, they did the same thing DURING the procedure too. She just stayed still and listened to them whenever they talked to her. After they were done, she told me the only time it hurt was when the dentist "poked" her in the cheek and not in the tooth like he said (this was the SHOT...but they never called it that ;) ). She did think it was funny that her mouth was asleep and she couldn't feeling anything too. She kept telling me "feel this mommy" and I had to tell her it felt the same to me, but for her she couldn't feel it.
We made it to school right after her bus did! She wasn't asking to go home or anything. Hopefully she is fine by now and feeling good. No calls from school so we should be okay for now. I am sure she will milk it when she tells Daddy and Grandma/Papa about it! :) Might be good for some ice cream tonight! :)
1 comment:
Sounds like Hailey was a wonderful patient. I'm sure not all kids are like that. Just ask Becky. Hope you at least got some ice cream Hailey. Love Grandma
Post a Comment