Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We are in!!

Okay, I am sorry for not posting...but life has been quite busy for us! Here is a little synopsis of the last week for us:

Sunday, Oct 12 : It finally stopped snowing ... 22" in all!! The cabin got 48"!!! Crazy! My mom left today after helping pack up some of the houses, cleaning, and having fun.

Monday, Oct 13 : Chris got ALL the blinds up in the house...and they look amazing too! We are so happy with our choice and feel that they really add to the house. :) The packing is starting in full force.

Tuesday, Oct 14 : Chris worked on the water softener, dryer, and misc things at the new house. The washer will wait until we are done with the current washer at the old house. Packing continues! I also got to leave the house and go on Ryan's first field trip to the pumpkin patch. That was fun! Look for a post later about that. It was Doug's birthday today too, so we had a nice supper with them and then it was time to get busy packing and moving.

Wednesday, Oct 15 : It was Becky & Kendra's birthday today...and a busy day for us! Chris and I picked up the Apex moving van and got that all loaded up and then Chris and Doug unpacked it and I worked on getting things packed and unpacked.

Thursday, Oct 16 : BIG, HUGE DAY! Almost all the BIG items were moved out of the house!! Clay, Chris, Karl and Doug made two trips with the moving truck and the house is looking empty now! The kid's rooms are EMPTY! The kitchen is almost empty. The kitchen table, couch, loveseat, chair...gone! Very productive day. The kids stayed at Doug & Doran's so we could work like crazy.

Friday, Oct 17 : The final big things were moved today...and done by 6:30pm! Chris worked on getting the tvs working. The phone, cable, and internet is now working (we can work on Monday now). Rainya came over and helped with Hailey's room...it is done. Ryan's room is not :) It was a late night working on boxes, but Chris and I got to spend our first night in the new house. And Hunter finally got to come and stay at the new house too.

Saturday, Oct 18 : The morning was not very productive, but it was still fun. We had Hailey's last soccer game. Then it was back to the unpacking and packing more. Doug and Chris (and Kari too) make more trips with the moving van today, and I made trips with my car. I was also busy unpacking so I could reuse the boxes again! The kids came over for supper and got to spend the night in their new rooms. THEY WERE SO EXCITED! :) Hailey slept great. Ryan slept in his "usual" way...up a few times and into our room. It was nice having them back with us and in the new house as a family! :)

Sunday, Oct 19 : Our morning was fun having breakfast, watching cartoons, and playing at the new house. Then we spent time unpacking, cleaning, etc. again. The kids and I had to run a few errands, and Chris went back to the old house for more work in the garage. We had supper at the new house (NOT PIZZA!!) and then went back to the old house for our last trip with the moving truck. Yahoo! The rest is just a few small things, cleaning, and then we will be done with it!

Monday, Oct 20 : Back to school and work. What a great feeling to be sitting down working again! :) At least I wasn't unpacking or packing!!! We LOVE having 2 offices...especially Chris! Our phones, cable and internet all work great. The kids did great getting up and ready for school. After school, Doran took the kids back to her house so I could clean the old house. IT IS DONE! CLEAN. FINISHED! Chris has to move the washer and dryer and paint a few little spots and then it is done. It is so nice to know that we have everything here. It is all here, but no where near organized or unpacked. That will take YEARS! Ugh! At least we have the winter to work on that a little.

So...there you have it...a little about our week. I took a few pictures today and hope to get them up on here tomorrow (Wednesday) but no guarantee on that either. :)

1 comment:

The Tree House said...

So happy you are in! How is the putting away stuff going?