Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cabin sledding

We FINALLY made it up to the cabin last weekend (December 26-27-28). It has been a looong 3 months since we have been up there. That is just too long! It was so nice to get up there, settled in, and reconnect as a family. The weekend was about spending time together as a family, playing games, coloring, and just having FUN! And, as you will be able to see below, we accomplished that. We always love our weekends at the cabin, and this one ranks towards the tops too!!

Most of the weekend, this is what I was looking at :


Ahhh...fire! We had them going in BOTH fireplaces inside, and Chris and Kari even got one going OUTSIDE on Saturday!! :) The kids did get a little "quiet time" on Saturday afternoon to watch a movie...don't they look all cozy in their blankets. It didn't last long...because they knew after nap they got to go....


SLEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, the time, the weather, the conditions...they were all perfect for sledding. Off they went! Special thanks to Kari for some of the pictures!! :)

Here is a funny video of Ryan on the way to the sledding hill. Listen to the noises/singing he is making. He is just rocking the sled back and forth. It was so funny. I will apologize for the poor filming, but I was trying to keep up with them since it was funny! :)


Here is Ryan & Hailey going down together...and the second picture shows you a little about the slope of the hill they were going down. Third picture is just a good time sledding by Ryan & me (yes...I did go down too!)


Ryan actually enjoyed sledding more this year than last year. He was most happy when Chris would go down with him. He was NOT happy when Chris would "say" he was going to go with him, and then would push Ryan down ALONE! Take a look at the video below these pictures. You can see Ryan is NOT happy. I soooo wish I would have kept recording! Chris got YELLED at big time by Ryan when he got up! Ryan was so mad at him...I am surprised he went down again! :)



Then there is Hailey....she LOVES the snow!! She was going down by herself no problem! She would rather have Chris with her, but she couldn't wait for him! She would even go down on her stomach. Yikes, Hailey!! Take a look at the 2nd picture....shows Hailey making a snow angel, but also how much snow we have by the cabin! It is sure winter there. And, the last picture is of Hailey being silly on the deck of the cabin. She didn't want to come in like Ryan did.


Here is a video of Hailey going really FAST (mute if children are present!).....


And, I had to put one of her crashing too (she had a really good one....but I didn't get that on video). She of course loved to crash as much as anything else! :)


Here is a video of Ryan and Chris sledding. Watch their ending....it is GREAT! I give them a "10" for that performance and the fact that no one was injured during this event! :)

One last video of Ryan talking about sledding ...


And, one final picture from Hailey....she got you with a snowball! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww Yes you sure did have fun. Wish we could be there with you and be 20 years younger so we could do it with you. It was nice to see Dawn on the sled with you kids. Ryan, grandma and Papa want to know what you told your dad when you went down the hill so fast and when you crashed into the snow bank. Hailey, you almost got lost making snow angels. Thanks for the snow ball.

Miss you all. Love Grandma and Papa

The Tree House said...

Sorry I am so far behind. What a funny post. I love the videos! Ryan was going pretty fast. I love how he got mad at Chris!!!! You guys looks like you had an awesome time! Can't wait to see more pictures.