Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Skiing in Red Lodge

On Saturday, January 17, Chris and I finally were able to take the kids skiing. Hailey went 3 times last year and LOVED IT! This was Ryan's first time skiing...ever. For the group lessons, the kids have to be 4 years old, so Ryan just made it! :) I was a little worried about how busy the mountain would be. It was a wonderful day.....all sun and 45 outside! PERFECT!!! It was busy, but the lessons weren't full at all. Hailey actually only had 2 other kids in her class, and Ryan had a few more, but he had multiple teachers helping.

Hailey's class started by going down the practice area and then they decided that was enough. Off to the chairlift they went!! :) They actually got to go down twice and she of course loved it!


Here is a video of Hailey skiing. Look for the pink coat with the mittens hanging down from her coat. I don't know why she didn't have them on, but oh well :)


I was a little worried about Ryan. I didn't think he would do that good...thought he would fall down and throw a fit. But, it was so much better than I could have ever imagined!!! He did FANTASTIC!! He only went down the hill 3 times ... but he was already trying to stop and TURNING too! I can safely say...HE LOVED IT! He was so happy and excited .... and MAD that he had to stop and go back to the cabin! :) We promised him that next time he could go all day, but he wanted to go more THAT day...or the next day. He didn't want to wait, but had to this time.




Here are some funny videos of Ryan skiing. I love the last one. Poor kid knows how to stop (pizza), but doesn't have enough muscle in his legs to actually stop! The teacher though he did great for a 4 year old, but just needs to get a little stronger. :)







The kids continue to ask when they can go skiing again. For some reason I am seeing season passes in our future! :)

2 comments:

The Tree House said...

Thanks for the good laughs Dawn! Hailey did a great job and so did Ryan! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I have tears running down my face I was laughing so hard. Man Ryan would just keep right on going if he could. Hailey did a great job and I think you might be right about next year with the season passes. You'll have to give Ryan some protein drink and hope he gets a little more muscles in his legs.

Great job.

Love Grandma and Papa