Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkin carving night

First and most important, please review the post about access!! I want the blog to be safer, and you will have to sign in once I implement this. If I don't have your email address that you will sign in with (and create an account with), you will NOT be able to view this anymore.

Second.....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Last night after going out to supper with Doug, Doran, Kari, and Joel Smith, we came home to watch (or listen to) Charlie Brown and carve pumpkins. This year Hailey was ALL ABOUT THE PUMPKINS! She was the first one at the table, and was ready to get the "guts" out of her pumpkin and get to punching the holes in it. She did great!! Nothing was gross to her...her hands were right in the pumpkin...very fun! She did take one little break to color a picture. AND, at supper, wrote her entire name by herself with NO HELP AT ALL and did it fast and it even looked good. Way to go Hailey!!

Ryan wasn't too sure about carving pumpkins! He liked picking up the pumpkins, but didn't want to touch the seeds or guts at all! But, wouldn't you know it, after a few minutes watching everyone else, his hands were in there as well! :) He had fun trying to get the seeds from the bottom of the pumpkin.

They both got to stay up late...it was too much fun! :) They didn't want to go to bed, but their mean mommy made them! :)

We are all looking forward to tonight...should be a fun, sugar-loaded night of trick-or-treating!!




(The first picture of Ryan is Ryan being silly! He had a mini pb cup and then decided to put the wrapper on his nose and said "Me a clown!! Me a clown!!!!" What a stinker!!!)

1 comment:

The Tree House said...

Hey Dawn,

Happy Birthday again. I figured you were doing pumpkin carving last night so didn't want to call you back in the middle. I hope you had a great day!! The kids sure look like they are having fun. Wish we could have been there to help! Way to go Hailey on writing her name too. She is getting to be such a big girl.

Oh and I figured you put my e-mail address in but I guess I never thought to ask you which one. :)

Miss you lots!

Love,
Kris