We decided to see if Wild Bill was open...and it was! The kids got to go fishing for their "fishing opener 2009." Hailey was a maniac casting! I was so amazed at how good she did. Her first cast went half way across the lake! And she was using her big fishing pole too!! :) This was Ryan's first time using his new big fishing pole. He didn't do as good casting, but tried to do it. Didn't matter...that boy has Chris "fishing gene" in him!! He caught the first fish, the second fish, the third fish and then finally Hailey did catch one! :) They both had a great time (and Chris and I did too!). Oh...and we got to have almost the entire lake to ourselves! It was PERFECT! :)
Time to go FISHING! :) Hailey's first cast of the season.

Chris helping Ryan cast, and the first fish of the season. He was SO EXCITED!!! :)


Poor guy...fishing is a lot of work. He just had to sit down :)

After we got home from fishing and had supper, Chris heard some turkeys. He had brought up his turkey call for hunting and tried to "talk" to them. IT WORKED!!! They were gobbling back to him!! :) And they didn't stop! So, we took off on a walk to see if we could see them and "talk" to them more. Right outside the cabin (and I mean RIGHT OUTSIDE THE CABIN!) we found these tracks....looks like "Mike" isn't alone this year!! Come on Mike...we want to see you again!!! :) 
Here is Hailey when she was talking to the turkeys (they were talking back to her too!). Then, after we got as close as we could to them, we all stopped and tried to get them to come see us. I don't know....maybe it was the DOGS barking at the cabin right behind us or the lady that came YELLING out of the cabin "listen to those turkeys!!", but the turkeys weren't interested in getting closer to us. What a fun time and experience for the kids. They loved it (and I have to admit...I had fun too! :) ).
Hailey got tired of fishing on the bridge, so she ventured down the shore a little and found another spot to fish at. :) Hmmm...no bites down there so she came back to the bridge where Ryan was catching his fish....and then she got one! :)

After we got home from fishing and had supper, Chris heard some turkeys. He had brought up his turkey call for hunting and tried to "talk" to them. IT WORKED!!! They were gobbling back to him!! :) And they didn't stop! So, we took off on a walk to see if we could see them and "talk" to them more. Right outside the cabin (and I mean RIGHT OUTSIDE THE CABIN!) we found these tracks....looks like "Mike" isn't alone this year!! Come on Mike...we want to see you again!!! :)

Here is Hailey when she was talking to the turkeys (they were talking back to her too!). Then, after we got as close as we could to them, we all stopped and tried to get them to come see us. I don't know....maybe it was the DOGS barking at the cabin right behind us or the lady that came YELLING out of the cabin "listen to those turkeys!!", but the turkeys weren't interested in getting closer to us. What a fun time and experience for the kids. They loved it (and I have to admit...I had fun too! :) ).



1 comment:
Oh what fun. Which I could be there and I know Papa would have liked to hear them too. wonderful pictures of them fishing.
Love Grandma
Post a Comment