Monday, August 10, 2009

The Candy Birthday party --- take 1

The "day of birthday parties" for Hailey was Sunday, August 9th. We started the day just playing at home while I made the cake of any kids dreams!! :) (actually....not just kids) Hailey was very excited for her party with her friends to begin. I was too, but was a little nervous about the timing of everything...will the kids have enough to do, will they have fun, did I order enough pizza, etc? :)

Here is a picture of Hailey with her cake. It isn't quite done yet. I had it all ready to go...in the fridge waiting for the party and remembered that I forgot to put the M&Ms around the bottom like I wanted too!! Ugh!! So, I took it back out and added them around the bottom. I think it does make a difference (there just wasn't enough candy on it before ;)). Oh, if you cannot tell, those are kit kat bars around the cake! :)



Off to Candytown USA ... Hailey had 4 friends + Ryan meet us there. We got the cake set up with the candles, a picture of the bday girl at her party, and the favors too (little gumball machines for the kids with their names on them and napkins with candy rings around them! :)).


Another picture of the cake...I just LOVED it!! (I am sure you can tell). And, I got TONS of comments at the party too and people wanted to know where I got it from. One lady actually asked if I had a store! :) Hmmm, I don't think I can make a living making candy cakes :)


All the kids at the table....and then one of them playing "Candy bingo" while we wait for the pizza to come. Everyone got a prize and can fun playing the game.


Ryan wasn't playing the game the right way...he was eating his candy that was meant for marking his bingo board! :) Nice! :)


After pizza it was time for cake....and their ice cream treat. Each kid could pick an ice cream sundae or a float. Hailey picked a root beer float and I do think that was the best looking float I have EVER SAW!! YUMMY!!


Look at all the sugar on that table! I wonder why all the kids were in such a good mood?!?!


Then, before it was time to leave, the kids all got to pick out 1/2 pound of candy that they wanted. How sweet is that?!?!? :)


Hailey had a fun time...and I think the girls did too (even Ryan as well). It was a fun birthday party for everyone. One more to go....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy of Boy did those girls have a sugar high or what. Did any of them sleep that night? The cake looked wonderful. Hailey, you have one fantastic MOM . Love you Grandma