Sunday, August 2, 2009

MIKE!!

FINALLY!!! It took FOREVER, but we finally got to see MIKE the moose again! Doran and the kids were on a "hike" up the mountain behind the cabin. They came down...and Ryan told us "we found a mooooose"! Sure enough, Mike was just up the street and we got to see her a few times!! :) She just stayed there, and one time Chris got VERY CLOSE to her too! She didn't like that as much, so she walked away a little and took a little nap. :)

Right after supper, Chris comes running in the cabin that Mike is right behind the cabin on our property and I need to grab my camera. I go outside to get it, and run to the side of the cabin. By the time I get close to the corner by the shed, we are all so excited. I think that she is up the mountain and I will get a great picture of her on our property. WRONG! I turn that corner, and she is RUNNING AT ME! She was RUNNING and she was between the shed and the cabin!!!! Only a few feet from me. NO PICTURE! I turned around so fast and ran into the cabin! Chris was upset that I didn't get a picture, but sorry, she was a little too close for my comfort! :)

Earlier on that same day (Friday 7/31), Chris and Kari saw 3 other moose! And, then that night, we saw a bull moose over by Wild Bill! Not sure why we saw so many that day, but we LOVED IT! :)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you got to see Mike again and know she made it though another year. Maybe when I come to see you I'll get to see her. Grandma