Then it was Tuesday morning...time for the first day of school. Everything was ready for her...new backpack and shoes ready to go! And her favorite sticky buns ready to go in her tummy! :)
She wanted to wake up to her alarm, so I got that set up. Her alarm should have went off at 7:10, so about 7:15 I started to go upstairs to get her, and she came out of her room....add dressed and bed made!! She was worried she was late for Kindergarten and told me we might need to set her clock for earlier so she won't be late. :) She came down and ate her breakfast good, cleaned her earrings, brushed her teeth, and was ready to go! :) We of course had to take more pictures outside, and then we all loaded into the car to go to the school.
Hailey saw Mrs. Jensen and got right in line. We had a wait for the other kids to get there, but before long they were all lined up...ready to go inside the school. Believe it or not, but no one in her class was crying (that I saw anyway). They all just followed behind Mrs. Jensen...and that was it. It was time to wait.........and wait............and wait..........and wait to see how the first day of school went.
The first day did go good. Hailey told me some names of new kids in her class, and was excited that Bella from gymnastics last year was at the school too in another class but she saw her at recess. She told me about lunch and how some kids got hot lunch but her whole table had cold lunches. She made a frog picture, but didn't get to finish it. She LOVED the dark story time after lunch where they lay down and listen to a book. She got to have a frog cookie because it was her first day (her teacher loves frogs if you haven't figured that out). She sang a new song to us. And a few other things too! Overall I think the day was a success! :) And, she even agreed to go again today with no tears or fighting, so I am happy.
My daughter....a kindergartner...crazy!
My daughter....a kindergartner...crazy!
2 comments:
Congrats Hailey!!!! I love the pictures. You look so cute.
Dawn, you forgot to talk about how much you cried!
Hailey you look great and I am glad you had a great first day of school. The picture of you and Mom looks really nice. Have a fun year at school Hailey. Love Grandma
Post a Comment