I have been dreading this post...it is hard to think about and write about. My little girl is starting kindergarten tomorrow (Tuesday, Aug. 26)!! On Thursday, Aug 21, we were able to go to the school and meet her teacher (Mrs. Jensen) and see where our little girl will be spending her days for the next year. We were all excited, but I have to tell you what a strange feeling it was walking into the classroom...a real classroom...and knowing that Hailey will be in there now. How can I have a school-
ager already?? Didn't I just give birth to her a few days ago??? I remember spending those first weeks of her life at home with her. We had fun...shopping, taking pictures, talking, getting to know each other, and of course napping too! I want those days back!!! My sweet little girl is now old enough to go to school. It is hard to let go...and if you know me it is only going to be as little as I can. :) I looked at her teacher that night and had a hard time knowing that this stranger was going to be watching over my girl...a piece of me...a piece of my heart....during the day. I have to let go (just a little) and know Hailey will be fine, but it is hard. Tomorrow will be difficult dropping her off, but I know she will be fine. She is so excited!! She WANTS to go! She is ready...more than me for sure. So, for her, I will be strong. I won't show her my emotions...my sadness that my little girl is growing up. I will show her my happiness that my little girl IS growing up...and becoming a wonderful little lady. And, I will be so happy when it is finally time to pick her up and see how her first day went.
We all love you, princess, and know you will do so good at school and will have a lot of fun and meet a lot of nice new friends. We are so proud of you! Love you tons!!! :)
Here are a few pictures from Thursday night....walking to school with the backpack loaded with school supplies; walking to her classroom (she remembered exactly where it was after the first time!); hanging her backpack on her hook ; standing by the door into her classroom; and sitting in her desk (click to enlarge and find Hailey...she is in the front by Mrs. Jensen).


Look at our
kindergartner!! Sitting at her desk and one of her and Mrs. Jensen too.

Good luck tomorrow Hailey....we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
Good luck Hailey! I know you will do great. I can not wait to see all the pictures and hear all the stories. I love the pictures of your first trip to school.
good luck to Mom too!! :)
Hailey you look great and will have a wonderful time in kindergarden. Mom will be ok too and of course Ryan will be the big one now going all by himself to Toddletown. Hailey give Mom and great big hug for me and tell her you will be ok in school. Love Grandma
Post a Comment