Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st day of school

The first day of school is here...and I so want to know what she is doing RIGHT NOW! My little girl is in FIRST GRADE! I was so proud of her this morning. Her alarm went off...up and ready and downstairs she came. And, she was happy because she was smelling the cinnamon rolls I was making and that ALWAYS makes her happy. She remembered that we make those on the first day of school :) It is a beautiful day to start school!

The house was all full of sun....and the decorations were showing that it was time for school to start! :)


After breakfast and brushing teeth (of course :) ), we went out to take pictures before the bus came. Hailey was all excited to use her her backpack, lunch box, and thermos. And, didn't complain once for the pictures. In fact, she was telling me we should take more! :)



Oh, and you cannot forget...the "Twinkle Toes" shoes that she wanted so bad, and then got for her birthday. She was so happy to wear those to school today. I am guessing they won't look this nice after 3 recesses! :) After pictures we had some time to waste before the bus came, so Hailey and Chris (and then Ryan too) had a few races down the driveway. No nervous girl here! :)


Here she is...my little girl....just waiting to see the bus. 1st grade. How on earth! She is so excited to get back to school and learning. And, she is excited for winter. Yes, winter. (this part of her is NOT from me!) She is excited to go skiing again. That is what she was talking about yesterday. Skiing. Nothing but skiing. She loves it. Oh my! :)


Finally the bus was in sight. Time to go! No problems with getting on the bus at all. She loves that as well (and always wants to ride it home, but cannot do that very often).


After she was on the bus, Ryan and I ran to the car and go ahead of the bus! We had to drive to the school, park the car if there was a spot left, and get to where the kids get off the bus to help her find her teacher. Of course there are 3 other kids on the same bus that Hailey knows (she knows more than that) and are all in the same 1st grade class! I told her to stick together and they will find their way! :) Here she is with 2 of her friends from our neighborhood that are in her class as well. And, Hailey with her teacher...Mrs. Wilson.


Okay, it was time for me to leave. I didn't want to. But I did. She went in with NO problem at all. She knows what to do. She knows her teachers. She knows some friends. She is set. I am not. I wanted to stick around and peek my head in to see her room, her desk, who she is sitting by, if she knows anyone else, etc....but I will just have to wait until she gets off that bus today at 2:37 to see how it went. Is it 2:37 yet?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn, wait till Ryan goes to school, you'll be a nervous wreck. I really enjoy all the posting you send out there. I really like Hailey's picture of her with her holding her knees. She really look GREAT. Tell her I am very proud of her and can't wait to see her in Sept. Love Mom