Friday, September 12, 2008

House update (9/10 & 9/11)

Take a look at the picture below...cute picture of the kids, I know. But, look closely. What do you see??! Yes, they are in the new house. Yes, they are standing in the entry way from the garage into the new house. What else?? Come on...look closer!!!

Take a look at Hailey and Ryan's hair...what do you see reflected on it?!?! LIGHTS!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE LIGHTS WORKING AT THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While we were there Lynn got the entry way and kitchen lights working...that was AWESOME! It was so great to be able to see the laundry room for the first time :) And, to see the kitchen lit up! I cannot wait for more fixtures to start working...this is FUN! :) Take a look at the nice laundry room...just waiting for a new washer and dryer...and of my pretty (but DIRTY) kitchen! :)

There was more done, but that is the highlight of the last few days. The siding crew should be working on fascia and soffit hopefully today as it is sitting in the garage now! The trimmer is working on the skirt board for the steps (dirty picture, but I love the wood going down the steps!), and we have cable and phone everywhere now!!

Now, on a realistic note, we found out yesterday that carpet is going in on WEDNESDAY...yes...5 days from today!! YIKES!! That only gives them today (Friday), Monday, and Tuesday to get the electrical done, painting done in the garage (not necessary, but would be nice), touch-ups done on the inside, and all the trim work done! Then, the cleaning ladies come on Thursday and Friday next week (I wish they would do that EVERY Thursday and Friday ;) ). So, next week at this time, the new house is going to look ready to move into!!!!!!!!!! We will also have the sprinkler system next week too! They really are hoping to have the house ready for us to move into by Sept. 30...pretty nice anniversary present, huh!? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy oh Boy is everything taking it's place now. Love the kitchen and I wish I could move in. You guys really did a fantastic job on picking colors and woodwork. I can't wait till we can see it in person. Love Mom